The Path to Professional Success (PPS) Program is a 3-day program for companies seeking to increase the success of their Asian and Pacific Islander (API) staff. The program goal is to provide high potential API emerging leaders with concepts, tools, and practices to lead effectively and advance in their careers to achieve business and professional success.
Ideal participants for the Path to Professional Success Program are high potential API employees of technical and professional companies and organizations.
"I've attended other professional leadership programs and I found the LEAP program to be the most useful for me since it is specific to my core values and what I need to do to succeed in Corporate America."
- 2016 Program Participant
As a result of this program, Asian and Pacific Islander participants will:
- Expand understanding of the influence and impact of cultural values on behaviors and how to leverage for success in the workplace
- Engage in reflection to move toward determining a leadership vision
- Develop greater self-awareness of leadership strengths and areas for improvement
- Cultivate a greater understanding of behavioral styles and practice different communication skills to improve interpersonal relationships
- Increase skills and understanding to develop personal power, gain political savvy, and handle conflict
- Hone their leadership brand to complement and reinforce relationship building efforts
- Build relationships with other Asian and Pacific Islander professionals and corporate executives
- Create an actionable plan to continue their personal leadership development and grow their careers
What participants say they took away from this experience:
- Managing change; creating personal vision and brand; communicating effectively.
- Leveraging values and strengths to lead a team. Be mindful that.
Program Impact: what participants will apply in their work (in their own words):
- Be an advocate for myself - be open for changes.
- Have a clear vision and career goal; practice giving feedback to others, esp. constructive feedback
- Be a risk taker and embrace change.
- Educate team on importance of cultural values/behaviors and impact of interactions; Inquire about joining diversity team.
- Be comfortable [with] who I am. Be comfortable how to use position power in leading the team.
Feedback about our facilitators:
- Facilitators were very knowledgeable and were very helpful during the learning exercise.
- Facilitators made the experience more interactive which greatly helped us to connect with other people. The examples and studies used by the facilitators were good and were simple to follow.
- Related. Shared personal experiences. Genuine. Equally called upon everyone. Engaged them and engaged active participation in order to fully benefit. Ensured a safe environment. Encouraged. Engaged all attendees.
- Invited opinions. Spoke clearly and without jargon. Provided follow-a-long handouts.
- One of my most memorable and meaningful experiences was when [Instructor] took the time to talk to me individually. This made a difference for me that I will always appreciate.
- The facilitators shared personal stories and experiences that helped. They solicited input and encouraged active participation from the group that had a greater impact on our learning.
- The facilitator's complementary skills helped the overall learning experience.
Previous Program Agenda
Click here to preview a previous program flyer and agenda.
Previous Program Date & Location
July 18-20, 2017 / Los Angeles, CA
Hosted by Bank of America
160 E. Main Street
Alhambra, CA 91801
Executive Guest Speakers:
(i) Gilbert Tong, First Vice President, Resident Director, Beverly Wilshire office of Merrill Lynch
(ii) Deborah A. Buhles, Vice President, Administration, Comcast Corporation
(iii) Don Liu, Executive Vice President, Chief Legal Officer and Corporate Secretary, Target Corporation
You can read their bios at: www.leap.org/develop_ppsspeakers.
Current Program Date & Location
2018 Dates TBA
Who Should Apply
Asian or Asian American individual contributors through first line managers with 3-8 years of experience
$2,000 per person
(Does not include travel expenses or lodging)
If you need to make a deposit or payment for the program, visit:
How to Apply
Applications are currently closed.
Sign up for updates at: www.leap.org/develop_ppsinterest.
For more information, contact:
Connie Oh, Program Coordinator
(213) 485-1422 x4118