The Path to Professional Success (PPS) is a 3-day program for companies seeking to increase the success of their Asian and Pacific Islander staff. The program provides API employees with the concepts, tools, and practices to be “high-value” members of the organization, working together in partnership with their company to achieve business and professional success. It explores the responsibilities and challenges of the workplace and helps participants develop their own paths to leadership positions.
Ideal participants for Path to Professional Success are promising API members of the technical and professional staff of organizations. A preface to the LEAP Leadership Development Program, the PPS program helps valued employees gain a better understanding of how to work effectively in a diverse, multicultural work environment.
“The 2002 LEAP Training of “Path to Professional Success” that took place in Lexington on 9/24 to 9/26 is one of the best trainings that I ever had. I can never forget that.”
- Tai Hon,
Class of 2002
As a result of this program, Asian and Asian American participants will:
- Increase understanding of the impact of cultural values on behaviors as well as the relationship between organizational values and individual cultural values;
- Develop greater self-awareness of their individual and collective leadership strengths and areas for improvement;
- Enhance interpersonal relationships and communication skills through a greater understanding of behavioral styles;
- Enhance their ability to manage change;
- Engage in skill building for developing personal power, gaining political savvy, and handling conflict;
- Build relationships with other Asian and Asian American professionals and corporate executives;
- Create an actionable plan to continue their personal leadership development and advance their career.
Who Should Apply
High potential Asian or Asian American individual contributors through first line managers with an average of 3-10 years of experience.
Program Location and Dates
(1) Atlanta, GA / Date TBA (April/May 2017)
(2) Los Angeles, CA / July 18-20, 2017
$2,000 per person (Does not include travel expenses or lodging)
Sign up for updates on the 2017 programs by filling out the interest form at:
For additional information, please contact:
Steve Lin, Program Manager
(213) 485-1422 x4118