Leadership Education for Asian Pacific, Inc. (LEAP) is seeking a highly experienced program manager to manage and work on various programs related to the Asian and Pacific Islander (API) community and corporate leadership development to join a dedicated team of passionate professionals working on leadership development and API representation in across all sectors.
S/he will be primarily responsible for LEAP’s range of leadership development programs and workshops. Responsible for the efficient, cost-effective, and timely delivery and coordination of community and corporate leadership development programs, workshops and events. Serve as interface with community /corporate /political /higher education leaders, constituents and trainers across the country to ensure the delivery of LEAP’s workshops and programs. The Program Manager reports to the Senior Vice President of Administration and CFO.
• Manage the timely, efficient, and cost-effective coordination and delivery of leadership programs and workshops.
• Oversee the workflow of program coordinators relative to the coordination and delivery of programs and workshops.
• Ensure timely and quality completion and production of program and workshop materials and related program delivery needs.
• Work with Director of Training and Director of Development in the planning and scheduling of leadership programs and • workshops including venue selection and budget monitoring.
• Provide input to Sr. Vice President of Administration and CFO on budget items for programs and workshops.
• Work with and manage faculty, external trainers and consultants in the delivery of leadership programs and workshops
• Work with Director of Training to conduct leadership development program needs assessments as needed and directed.
• Plan, organize and lead regular meetings with LEAP staff and external trainers.
• Build relationships and interact with corporate, community, political, educational leaders and their staff to plan and deliver programs and workshops.
• Assist Director of Development in marketing all workshops, programs and events as necessary.
• Team with other staff as necessary.
• Knowledge of and familiarity with the Asian and Pacific Islander community and its issues.
• Must be a self-starter, able to work independently as well
• Action and detail oriented with excellent organizational skills to manage multiple projects/tasks and deadlines a must.
• Proven experience in program /project management, coordination and workflow processes is a must need.
• Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills required.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
• Strong working knowledge of Apple Mac OS, Microsoft Office for Mac (Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook) needed.
• Facilitation experience highly desirable.
• Knowledge of social media and other web-based technology highly desirable.
• Familiarity with design (Photoshop and InDesign) and video editing (Final Cut) programs a plus.
Must be able to travel nationally, as well as work evenings and weekends.
Valid California Driver's license, auto insurance and access to a car a must.
Bachelor’s Degree. Advanced degree a plus.
Three or more years experience in program/project management, workflow processes and coordination in a fast paced, team environment. Knowledge of and experience in the Asian and Pacific Islander community. Facilitation, training design, development, and delivery experience desirable.
Travel is required nationally and possibly internationally
Commensurate with qualifications and related experience. Excellent benefits package.
Until position is filled.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE!