Student Leadership Program
Leadership In Action
Leadership in Action is an eight-week paid summer internship program designed to develop emerging young leaders by providing college students with practical leadership skills and the opportunity to work hands-on in the Asian and Pacific Islander community in Southern California.
Program Dates & Locations
Runs from June 18, 2018 to August 10, 2018. Applicants must be able to commit to the full eight-week program and attend the following mandatory events.
Leadership Retreat Week
Weekly LIA Leadership Trainings
June 29, July 6, July 13, July 20, July 27, August 3
LEAP Leadership Awards Celebration
Includes the days that interns are to be present at their assigned nonprofit organization
Mondays - Thursdays, starting June 25 to August 9
- Intern four days a week at a Southern California community-based organization that serves the Asian and Pacific Islander community
- Gather one day a week for leadership development trainings to build and strengthen leadership skills
- Work with intern cohort over eight weeks on a Team Community Impact Project
Program Length and Stipend
Interns will receive a stipend of $3,520 for successful completion of the program.
Interns are responsible for their own housing, transportation, and insurance.
Applicants must have completed two years of college by June 18, 2018 and currently enrolled in college, or a recent graduate.
- A passion for learning and growing their leadership skills
- An interest in gaining work experience in an API-serving community-based nonprofit organization
- Experience working and collaborating with the Asian and Pacific Islander community (preferred but not necessary)